Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Ballerina Cupcake: In honor of the Sacramento Ballet Company

"Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight!/ For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night."
- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

Who doesn't love a little Romeo and Juliet? Even you boys out there can't deny you get a little teary eyed at the end. (Admit it, we all know you do). Well in honor of next weekends performance of Romeo and Juliet by the Sacramento Ballet Company, I felt I needed to create a cupcake. (Yes, a cupcake).

And behold...the Ballerina Cupcake!

When I thought of what a cupcake had to be in order to capture the feel of the ballet, I knew my honorary cupcake needed to be light, fluffy, and most importantly pink and white. So naturally I took our signature vanilla cupcake, added some food coloring, topped it with a light marshmallow frosting and admired my work. I really wanted some little ballerina shoes to top it off with but they were no where to be found. Not even in the Barbie section! I went to three different stores and no luck, talk about disappointed. But hey, I still think it turned out nice. :)

So next weekend (February 10-13th), if you are in the Sacramento area be sure to support our wonderful ballet company and catch a performance of their telling of Romeo and Juliet. They wont let you down.

Follow this link for more information.

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend!
-Marcie and Katelyn

2 comments:

  1. You are so right. This cupcake really reminds me of ballet. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Eftychia! I love this cupcake. :)

    ReplyDelete